A Little About SoulShine…
SoulShine After School was founded in December 2006 over the children’s holiday school break.
Parents and volunteers came together to paint the walls of the former church education building, donate furniture, all in celebration of what we like to think of as the best after-school program in Atlanta. We recently expanded to a full day preschool and are now enrolling children 6 weeks to 12 years. Our full day program is known as SoulShine Sprouts!
Our teachers encourage the children to participate in art, and will often be right beside them making a project of their own. We practice “you are what you eat” at SoulShine, therefore our food is local, fresh, and organic. Our vegetarian menu is developed by Harmony Health. Our food is brought to us by Nature’s Garden. This summer we will be installing garden beds in the front of our building with the help of our children and parent volunteers, and starting in the fall we will be implementing our homesteading program.
Grow up with SoulShine!
Our Mission: to promote individuality, holistic living & community care for in-town families.
Our Purpose: At SoulShine we strive to engage, empower, and encourage our children in all they choose to do.
We engage by providing low teacher to student ratios ensuring each child is receiving the attention needed to be successful. SoulShine empowers our children to be stewards of nature, and garden cultivators. Our teachers encourage our SoulShiners & Sprouts to practice loving kindness with their peers, parents, and themselves.
- *To identify and support the optimal development of each child.
- *To develop creativity, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- *To help children learn how to handle their own emotions and consider the feelings of others.
- *To develop each child’s sense of self-worth.
- *To increase parents’ understanding and knowledge of child growth and development.
- *To increase parent participation and community involvement.
"We Must Be the Change We Wish to See in the World."