At SoulShine, we engage, empower, and encourage our children.
By providing low teacher-to-student ratios, we fully engage each child, ensuring they receive the attention needed to thrive.
SoulShine empowers our children to connect with nature, their community, and themselves.
Our teachers encourage all the children at SoulShine to practice loving kindness with their peers, parents, and themselves.
We strive at all times to:
- create a sustainable, eco-friendly, home-like experience for your child
- identify and support the optimal physical, social, and emotional development of each child
- concentrate our efforts and resources toward student readiness and school success
- develop creativity, problem-solving, critical thinking, communication, language and literacy skills
- provide a wide range of developmentally appropriate experiences
- provide daily opportunities for development of good physical health, well-being, and movement skills
- help children learn how to handle their own emotions and consider the feelings of others
- develop each child’s sense of self-worth
- integrate multicultural awareness into all areas of the curriculum
We Practice Inclusion
SoulShine embraces the loving light that emanates from the heart of every human, adult and child alike. We hold our staff, our contractors, and our parents to the highest level of acceptance and inclusion, and we encourage our community to endorse this loving philosophy, both here and in the world.
- We pledge to treat everyone fairly, equally and with respect
- We embrace and encourage our differences
- We pledge to welcome everyone, irrespective of
- ethnic origin
- nationality or national origin
- gender identity or expression
- religion or belief
- marital status
- social class
SoulShine will provide annual training for staff and contractors on diversity and inclusion, and provide resources and opportunities for discussion. Every individual who works at SoulShine is expected to be professional, to seek to understand differences, and to honor and respect those whose views and beliefs differ from their own.